Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish (click on the picture to visit their blog). A new Top Ten list is posted every week for fellow bloggers to participate in.
- The Sidekicks by Will Kostakis – I loved loved loved The First Third so I’m very excited for this upcoming release!!
- Cloudwish by Fiona Wood – I am ashamed to say that of her books, I’ve only read Six Impossible Things and Rachel keeps telling me that I need to read Wildlife and Cloudwish. I will get there… one day
- Bro by Helen Chebatte – Found out about this one at the ‘The Year Ahead’ event at the State Library in December last year and I am super excited to read it
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – This one just seems to keep popping up so I thought: ‘why the hell not’, ya know?
- You Don’t Even Know by Sue Lawson – I legitimately do not remember putting this on my list…
So I decided to cheat a little and pick 5 books from the last 50-ish books I put on my to-read shelf on Goodreads. As I have a lazy 790 books on that shelf now, I figure it’s no biggie… And if it is a biggie… well, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want. 🙂
- Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty – I started the much-loved Jessica Darling series last year and recently chucked the rest of them on my TBR because I really want to continue it, if only to find out whether or not Marcus Flutie decides to get dreadlocks again. I bloody well hope not because no, you silly ginger white boy. Just NO.
- Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom – I saw this one in Dymocks around Christmas time and the tells-you-nothing blurb had me intrigued straight way. I even nearly broke my book buying ban for it, but compromised with myself by putting it on my TBR. The front cover incorporates Braille lettering (MC is blind) so I thought that was really cool.
- The Stars At Oktober Bend by Glenda Millard – I LOVE the title of this one. Annette and I heard about it at The Year Ahead event and I’m really looking forward to it. And it’s launching at Readings Hawthorn on Sat 6/2/16 so I reckon I might go!
- Where The Streets Had A Name by Randa Abdel-Fattah – Of the books on my list, this is the only one I actually own. I picked it up second hand at the Clunes Booktown festival *cough* nearly two years ago *cough*. I’m determined to read it this year as I’ve been meaning to read SOMETHING of Randa Abdel-Fattah’s for ages… and I thought a good way to help that along would be to put it on my TBR on GR? I dunno.
- Notes From The Teenage Underground by Simmone Howell – My last unread Simmone Howell book that, for some reason, I only recently put on my TBR. I thought I had at least two years ago but ah well, it’s there now, eh? Looking forward to getting to this one sometime this year too.