Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish (click on the picture to visit their blog). A new Top Ten list is posted every week for fellow bloggers to participate in.
1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – I love love love Eleanor and Park so I read Fangirl so I was very excited to hear that Rainbow was writing Carry On. I need those blanks to be filled, dammit!
2. Because You’ll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas – This first caught my eye because the cover is so pretty. I don’t really know what to expect with the book, I feel like it has the potential to be really bad, but it also has the potential to be really good and that’s exciting!
3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – I actually didn’t have this on my list until I started researching for this post and saw it on so many other people’s lists. It peaked my interest and, for once, I want to read one of these highly anticipated novels the year it’s published instead of my usual 4 years late.
4. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (just released) – Technically this is already out so it sort of doesn’t belong in this post but, well, it’s my blog and you can leave if you don’t like it (please don’t leave). I just feel like this book is going to push so many limits and what’s not to like about that?
5. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – Rachel and I saw Amie Kaufman at the Reading Matters public day this year and let me tell you, she’s a pretty cool chick and basically that’s all the prompting I need to read someone’s book.
1. Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy – I own and quite liked her debut, Side Effects May Vary, and I’ve been so excited for this one ever since I heard about it. A book about a fat girl who loves herself and massively puts herself out there to show others not to be afraid to as well? Hell yeah!
2. Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian – Interesting synopsis, beautiful cover and I so enjoyed how her previous two books have not been afraid to go there when it comes to sex in YA, so yep, definitely on this list.
3. Inbetween Days by Vikki Wakefield – If you haven’t read any Vikki Wakefield, I’m going to need you to before this October cos holy shit, NEW VIKKI WAKEFIELD FUCK YES.
4. Risk by Fleur Ferris – Of the books on my list, this one will be released first (July) and it sounds kinda terrifying, but definitely intriguing. Hurry up and get on my shelf!
5. Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy – I only found out about this one today and I really enjoy the way these two writers do romance so fairly sure a book co-written by them is going to explode with all the amazing.